RE: anti-roll bar diameter

To: <Lizirbydavis@cs.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: anti-roll bar diameter
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 18:35:28 -0700
Joe Davis wrote:
I've found a 3/4" rear roll bar locally (I think as supplied by Moss?).  It
is NOT adjustable.  I understand that most good matched front and rear bars
are equal diameter, but the rear is adjustable.  I believe the stock front
bar is 7/8"?

Joe,

The stock front bar on a TR6 is much smaller than 7/8". I believe that the
stocker was 9/16" in diameter.  If you are going to use a 3/4" bar in the
rear, then the smallest front bar you should consider is a 3/4" - I think
that  Addco matches their 3/4" rear with a 7/8" front.

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA
'73 TR6