Re: Brake problem

To: MACHINEMD@msn.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake problem
From: Acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 00:20:27 -0400
Steve,

I will take a stab at one possibility which might be way off the mark depending
on the condition of your brake pads.  You havent described the known condition
of the brake calipers, pads or other parts of the system so I am not sure if
you have all new parts or very dirty 30 year old parts or something in between.

If the pads are getting worn low the pistons in the caliper might be getting
into an area that isnt as well worn and maybe even a little or a lot rusty,
inhibiting the pistons from returning back after releasing the brakes.  My
brakes worked fine yet when I did my rebuild my pistons were rusty and pitted,
and in need of replacement.  Since you describe this car as new to you, you
might want to check out the entire brake system to get a good benchmark of what
the overall condition is.  Unexpected brake failure is not a good thing.

Let us know what you find out.

Aaron,
Topsham, Maine