Re: Brake problem

To: "STEVE STERN" <MACHINEMD@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Brake problem
From: Rob Pennington <robp@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 00:29:54 -0500
I had a Saab Sonett that this would happen to on one side at a time.  The
flexible "rubber" brake lines were original and had some interior
deterioration such that little flaps of the rubber lining would come loose
at one end and flop down into the path of the fluif.  this would act as a 1
way valve.  Brake fluif would be passed on the way to the caliper but when
the pedal is pressed , after releasing the pedal the rubber "door" would
flop into the way and the fluif would not be able to return, leaving the
pressure high in the caliper.  I replaced the flexible hoses that took car
of the problem

rob
74 TR 6 daily driver