Re: Re: ANSA for TR250/TR6

To: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>, 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Re: ANSA for TR250/TR6
From: Greg Dito <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 9:34:16 -0400
Thanks for the update, Don.  My conversation with them occurred mid summer of
last year and a meeting with the factory was planned by Spring 2004.  So I
guess that happened!  But another year for a response?!  Unghh is right!  8~(

At that time I was told it is the late (slant tip) system that they are looking
to produce, as the market for the earlier system was thought to be too limited
and most of the requests from owners was for the later system anyway.  And the
cost was estimated to be no more than $500 but more than $300.  By a limited
run I was told is a few thousand systems (!!!).

I bought my first ANSA system (early type) in 1978 and it cost about $125 with
a modest club discount of 10%-15% or so from a local foreign parts supplier in
NY.  In my recent exhaustive, and fruitless, search through local part
suppliers in a number of cities I found one fellow who said he sold an ANSA
system that had been collecting dust in the back of his store for about $200 in
1994.  Don't know how good his memory is but he seemed to recall the system
fairly readily.

Frankly, if I were ANSA and the few competitors' systems were as high as $350 I
would place a premium on my product.  $400 retail minimum is my estimate.
Anything less will be a steal! Discounted (if your local supplier feels so
benevolent) would probably place it in the $325 to $360 range.  So start making
nice with him.  You've got about a year to establish goodwill.

Greg Dito
CD6250L