Re: Roller rockers & stuff

To: tr6taylor@webtv.net
Subject: Re: Roller rockers & stuff
From: StuBeatty@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 21:41:06 EDT
Dick
I think your assesment is bang on. I took the car out for her first  run
tonight since the rebuild and it's like a completely different car. The
combination of the GP2 cam and Jim Swarthout's roller rockers have transformed
the car
completely. I thought it pulled nicely before, but the difference now is
quite dramatic. From about 2500 rpm through 4000 and beyond the car pulls  very
strongly and pushes you back in the seat with a snap! It has never had this
kind of torque before.
My first stop was the mechanic who helped with the rebuild. He stuck his
face in the exhaust fumes and told me his eyes burned more from the exhaust off

the front three cylinders. This told him the mixture was too lean in the front
 carb. Not the most precise way of determing the fuel mixture, but I guess
it's a  start. This weekend I get out the color tune and try to equalize the
mixture on  all three carbs.
I also installed the two piece Falcon header which was ceramic coated  inside
and out. The amount of heat under the hood is greatly reduced. When I  pulled
in the garage and popped the hood (bonnet) there was very little heat in
comparison to the old monza header.
Over all I am very pleased with the outcome. I was well worth the wait for
the cam to arrive. Once again, the list's experience with USPS transit  times
allayed my concerns about the cam being lost. It showed up about 3.5  weeks
after being shipped.
Stuart Beatty
76 Carmine...on the road again