Can't get my top up in cool weather

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Can't get my top up in cool weather
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 09:43:20 -0700
        Folks:

        Had an annoying experience last night. I dropped by a friends
house
last night for a couple of hours. When I came out, it had gotten chilly
and
it was starting to sprinkle.
        I decided to put the top up, and no matter how hard I pulled, I
couldn't get
the top to close. The vinyl had stiffened appreciably in the lower
temperature
and just wouldn't cooperate. I drove home with droplets of water landing
on
my head hoping the clouds would not open up before I made it into the
driveway.
        This annoyed me no end. I am thinking of pitching my brand new
top
and going with a cloth one. The top has other problems too - zipper
broke
the first time  used it, it had fitment problems when I installed it,
and now
this. Bah!
        So, oh collective fount of wisdom: Will a cloth top perform
better than
vinyl? I can get 20% off right now from moss and free shipping if I
order
before the end of the week. Please comment.

        Thanks,

        Vance