New Front Suspension Rebuild - Tightness normal?

To: 6Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Front Suspension Rebuild - Tightness normal?
From: ronald weber <rmweber_99@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 18:18:46 -0700 (PDT)
I just finished rebuilding the left front suspension on my frame-off TR6
restoration using a TRF Suspension Rebuild Kit.  Unfortunately, I noticed that
after I decompressed the spring I am now no longer able to turn the vertical
link the normal plus or minus 60 degrees. It appears to be very stiff. Could
this be because of a new trunion and ball joint that haven't worn in yet? I put
all new poly bushings in and lubed them all with never-sieze. I put EP 90 in
the trunion and lithium grease in the ball joint. All the links moved freely
until after I put the spring in. Now it's practically locked in place unless I
tap on the link with a deadblow hammer. I don't recall it being that stiff when
I originally took it apart a few months ago. Is this normal after a rebuild?
Could it be because it is not loaded with an engine and body so the ball joint
is taking all the spring load?

I haven't put the hub or steering linkage on yet nor have I started on the
right side. Before I duplicate a mistake on the right side I thought I'd poll
the group to see what I may have done wrong.

Thanks in advance for any input on this!

Ron W.
71TR6