Re: fabricate a throttle linkage

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: fabricate a throttle linkage
From: "glc/crc@13 Fairway" <glccrc@ptd.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 06:41:10 -0400
Joe-
I'm extremely interested in what you've done so far to move the pedals down;
at 6'-2.5" with a 34" inseam, I had hoped the TR would have seating similar
to the 240Z I chose to buy in 1976 over a TR. It sticks in my mind as the
car with the most legroom I've ever owned. My seat is leaned back tight to
the rollbar, so no more room is available to the rear. This leaves moving
the pedals forward as the only direction for increasing legroom. Removal of
the rollbar would be stupid given my right foot affliction, which seemed to
resume upon driving a sports car again (finally!!!).

On the other side of the car we have the opposite problem; after 25 years I
am accustomed to having the redhead beside me, but at 4'-10.5" in height,
she's atop a thick pillow in order to see the road ahead and avoid motion
sickness. Or minimize it, anyway. Her presence also tends to minimize my
rightfootitis. I was imagining being able to raise her seat by bolting the
seat to a piece of unistrut, then boltng the unistrut to the floor track. I
have yet to have had time to look at it, since I only bought the car 7/9,
got it 200 (not 20) miles home, and was away on a tour of O'Hare Airport
last weekend (landed in Detroit 10 minutes before the wedding started, 25
hours late). To say I'm chomping at the bit is an understantement!

I'd be very interested in what other tall (and short) drivers have done to
accomodate reality. With the anticipated performance of this TR after a
tuneup and some tweaking, I may be able to live with only 75% throttle :)
(not!)

George Church
70 TR6 CL50051