Re: fabricate a throttle linkage

To: John VanNorman <jvannorman@wowway.com>
Subject: Re: fabricate a throttle linkage
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:27:17 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 22 Jul 2005, John VanNorman wrote:

[stuff deleted]

>  Sure, I probably couldn't drive 8 hours in it, but for the amount of
> driving I do, it is fine.

You'd be surprised. Once you enter "the zone" you can drive for a very
long time and not be the worse for the wear.

I have the opposite problem from most folks posting to thie thread. I'm
only 5'7" and my inseem is only 29". I have to sit with the seat all the
way forward and then "scooch" down in the seat a bit to get all the pedals
to bottom out. Once the car is moving, I don't use the clutch, so I
re-adjust myself firmly into the seat and then give the lap part of my
seatbelt a "tug" to plant my arse back against the seat back. I can drive
12+ hours a day in this configuration (and have done so plenty of times).

> John V.
> 74 1/2 TR6

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx