Any air filter recommendations?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Any air filter recommendations?
From: "James_ TR6" <jattr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 15:38:39 +0000
Hello.

I have been away from the list for a while, and I am sure this topic has
been discussed
in varying degrees of nausea!

What air filter is the best for a 1976 stock TR6?
And where should (can) I purchase the filter?

K&N I have heard mentioned in the past. I also heard something about some of
them needed
to be fitted by dented the inside wheel well. (not an option for me!)

Currently I am using the black foam type that have the metal shape retainers
on the outside.
They use regular motor oil. They are alright, but need replacing.

Thanks in advance.
Sorry for the repeat topic, but I am unable to locate the past threads.

james