Re: cockpit covers

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: cockpit covers
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:16:46 -0400
Rick or Lori O wrote:
> I have the cockpit cover and use it all the time.  Since my TR is a daily
> driver, I find that minimizing the number of attachment points is important
> as it makes donning/doffing the cover a snap.  You definitely don't want a
> cover that mates up to the tonneau snaps.  The Velcro bands around the door
> handles and the wedge beneath the boot lid are all you need.  I don't even
> use the Velcro bands that are supposed to wrap around the wiper arms.
>
> Rick O.
> 72 TR6
>
> Your messages not reaching the list?
> Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html

Never knew such a thing existed.

What in your opinion, is the advantage of this over a tonneau cover? They are
significantly cheaper.
It would seem unzippping/unsnaping the drivers side of a tonneau would be less
hassle than dealing
with the cockpit cover. Assumes you already have the tonneau cover so the cost
thing is not a issue.

Would seem to better protect the dash in a hard rain. Others?

Don Malling