sticking t/o carrier

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: sticking t/o carrier
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 22:33:35 EDT
I need to lubricate my t/o bearing carrier.  I've had some "sticking" issues
which I've narrowed down to the carrier hanging up on the end of the
transmission out put shaft.  If I disconect the slave push rod and slide the
carrier
back and forth a couple of times the clutch is smooth as silk for a couple of
hundred miles. I guess sliding it the full length of it's travel causes the
carrier to pick up a little grease, and lubricates it for a while. After a
while,
the clutch, while functioning  normally, is sticky, and creaks like an old
screen door.  In retrospect, I can't  remember" what I used to lubricate the
carrier.  Obviously it wasn't adequate.  I do remember the bear grease was
omitted
from the TRF gunst kit.  I didn't think it would be that big a deal to use
something else.  I checked the surfaces prior to assembly, and I thought it all
looked good, so I don't think the condition of the out put shaft/carrier union
is the issue, rather simple lack of lubrication.  Question:  Has anyone tried
to perform laproscopic surgery on the bell housing?  I wonder if I could
drill three holes in the bell housing.  One to see through, one to shine a
light
through, and one to somehow apply some grease to the shaft?  Any ideas?
Joe Davis