Tires

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Tires
From: Robert Houseknecht <rwhautomotive@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 15:47:24 -0700 (PDT)
Help!
I'm looking to replace the Redline tires on my '73
Tr6. Can anyone give me some good advise on what would
be a tire good for road and autocrossing?
I plan on using 205 70 15's as I understand this size
is 26.5" dia. or close to the original 185 r 15's.
I have a friend who has put Toyo's on his 6 and he
hates them. He says the side walls are weak and this
affects handling.
Can you believe He says He wishes he had gone for
Michelin X as his choice for replacement!
I really hate to lose the Redline, but as I understand
the Michelin is a poor performance tire.
Any advise you guys can offer is greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
Rob Houseknecht
1973 Emerald Tr6
1980 Spitfire