Keys

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Keys
From: SamuelsMA@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:22:02 EDT
Listers:

I want to post to the list an excellent experience I had with a  vendor.

When I took delivery of my '76 recently, I found that I had only 1 ignition
key and no keys for the doors, glove box, or trunk.  I posted this problem
and one member wrote back that I should try BritishCarKeys.com.  I checked  out
the website and spoke via telephone with Pete Groh, the owner.  He  described
the process of sending me 2 large keyrings with every possible key for  my
car, as well as the correct blanks so that I could duplicate my ignition key
and
get 2 keys made for each of the other keys from the ring that fit the  other
locks on my car.

I got the rings promptly, with complete materials to return them  ASAP.  I
was able to find keys that opened my doors and trunk.  I made  2 copies of each
plus a copy of the ignition key at the hardware store using  Pete's blanks.  I
then called Pete and told him that none of his  keys opened my glove box.  He
suggested some lubricant in the lock and  another try.  I did this, and one
of the keys from the ring opened it right  up.  I got 2 copies of that one made
and returned the keys in his  packaging.

The whole thing couldn't have been easier, and Pete was a pleasure to work
with.  There was something really unsatisfying about replacing all  those lock
cylinders or paying a locksmith to take them apart and  make keys when I could
find the correct keys using Pete's  method.

No affiliation; just a satisfied customer.

Michael
'76 Tahiti Blue
CF 57044U