Re: E85 gasoline in a TR6

To: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Subject: Re: E85 gasoline in a TR6
From: Rob Pennington <robp@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 20:52:00 -0500
I checked to be sure that my somewhat unreliable memory (not made by
Lucas but might as well have been) is correct and it really is 85%
ethanol.  The car has the very earliest 175CD  strombergs from a TR4
that have adjustable jets so I'm hoping that I could rejet them if I
decide to give this a try.  I was more concerned about the rubber
bits initially and now about the aluminum carbs a bit.

There have been some interesting responses, including one from Harold
(ZinkZ10C) who pointed to an interesting thread on SpeedTalk about
rejetting a Holley carb.

I'm sticking this on my "gotta give it a try" list.  I'll need an A/F
setup, something else that I've been kicking around for awhile.

Rob