RE: 1976 TR6 Frame Off Restoration

To: "Cary Henry" <caryhenry@hotmail.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 1976 TR6 Frame Off Restoration
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 11:34:34 -0400
First I'm sure your father will have the sympathy of everyone in this
community after this disaster and there is no better place to come for
help and advice.

In my experience even a basket case TR6 that has serviceable engine,
gearbox and rear axle is worth $1000.00, more if it has overdrive. So if
the car is complete, the engine and drive train are servicable and the
tub is restorable I don't personally think $1200.00 is way out of line.

Stan

<snip>
My question is this:
do you think $1200 is an ok price to buy the car back, and also what
problems could the water have cause other than surface rust, water in
the
fluids, etc? (i.e. are there any electrical issues other than the
starter.
I don't think the water got high enough to enter the carburetor, nor did
it
get into the dash.  I know I am in for a long road ahead, but basically
am
asking what would you do in this situation.  Thanks All!
Cary Henry
</snip>