Re: DIY on Speedos?

To: fetnerj001@hawaii.rr.com, saob_100@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: DIY on Speedos?
From: "Dwayne Cooper" <dc_bruin@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 19:34:43 -0700
A note of caution is in order here -- the plastic needle has probably become
very brittle due to years of sun exposure.  Funny story (TR6 Funny -- some
would be reduced to tears):

I had my tach apart and cleaned, sitting on the counter in the kitchen
airing out waiting to be reassembled.  I was in the garage taking apart the
speedo and in the process broke the needle.  I was hot!  I decided to walk
away and headed into the kitchen for a cold one to take the edge off.  As I
step into the kitchen, my 7-year old is sitting at the counter moving the
tach needle with his finger saying "this is neat... dad it broke".  Yeah,
both needles broken in the span of about 5 minutes.  Don't worry, no harm
came to the kid....

Dwayne