Re: Sticking Throttle...

To: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil007@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Sticking Throttle...
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 11:36:48 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 24 Sep 2005, Bill & Skip Pugh wrote:

> Just  had the Strombergs on  the  TR6  rebuilt, now the  throttle
> will not  completely  close on its own, pull  up of the connecting
> link and it idles smoothly at 800 RPM,  rev the  engine and the  idle
> is  roughly 1500-2000 RPM, when I pull up the  connecting  link I can
> feel  a little "bump", but so far have not been able to  find it ...

Make sure that the throttle plates are installed properly (they have a
bevelled edge) and _centered_. If they are not, they will hang up on the
bore of the carb.

To center them, loosen the screws that hold the plates in and slam the
throttles shut a couple of times. Then hold the throttle cam in place
while you tighten the screws. Don't forget to "peen" the end of the set
screws so they don't lossen up again.

ALso check your entire throttle linkage - one section at a time to make
sure your "sticking" isn't linkage related.

> Help Please ...

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx