Re: Choke Cable

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, saob_100@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Choke Cable
From: MTRsix71@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 00:45:33 EST
Sean,
The first thing to check is if the mechanical choke mechanism on the rear
carb is working properly. The mounted spring will be enough pressure to pull
the
 disc back to home position without the choke cable attached. If the
mechanism is  OK then it sounds like you have a burr or a broken thread in the
rear
cable  itself as you said the front carb choke cable is not binding.
My old choke cable was very stiff and I did not have to twist it 90 degrees
to hold position. I tried to lubricate but all to no avail and replaced with a
 new one from TRF. I am very pleased with the smooth operation of the  TRF
choke cable. It is actually so smooth that the return springs on the  carb
actually pull the knob to home position and I MUST turn the knob 90 degrees  to
lock it into position.
The only down side to the TRF replacement choke cable was the cables were a
bit longer than the old one and when first installed the loop of the cable
extended vertically high enough to foul against the hood when closed. I
adjusted
 the snap mounting clip down further but ensured I had enough clearance for
full  choke operation and all is well.
I suggest to buy new you will not be disappointed.
MRankin
1971 TR6 CC 61212 L (mostly)