Safety belts...

To: "6Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Safety belts...
From: "Joseph Grant" <z28quetzal@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 18:59:59 -0500
What have you all done about safety belts?  My TR6 is a very early 1972
production car (commission number says 11/1971).  It came equipped with 3
point safety belts - there is an anchor on the rear inner fender well and it
looks factory all the way.  I am looking at the Vicky Brit catalogue and
there is mention of safety belts but mentions the need of a "reinforcement
plate" to be used.  What up with that?

What have you guys done?  There is no way I am using the original belts -
hell, after 30+ years I would not trust the original belts for nothing.
Does any of the other suppliers offer a better solution?  And no, I don't
have a rollbar so using a 4 point belt is out of the question.  Any info
sure would be appreciated.

Regards,

Joe