RE: Safety belts...

To: "Joseph Grant" <z28quetzal@mindspring.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Safety belts...
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 21:27:07 -0800
        Joe:

        If your car came equipped with three point lap belts, you need
not worry about the reinforcing plate... you already have them.
        As for the original belts, they can be rebuilt. I rebuilt mine.
You need to disassemble them and then an auto reupholstery shop can
reweb the belts for you. The shops are all afraid of liability, so you
will not find anyone to do the rebuild for you, I am afraid.
        Anyway, I disassembled mine, had the belt rewebbed, and I
cleaned and derusted everything inside and reassembled. I painted them
with hammered silver paint. If they fail and I die, well, it will be my
fault.

        Vance