RE: Redoing the dashboard

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Redoing the dashboard
From: "im sloane" <im_sloane@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 14:41:23 +0000
John,
Just finished the dash of my 73 project. I stripped with regular furnature
stripper, cheepest brand at Lowes, and finished with Behr Tung Oil Finish. I
wanted the natural color of the walnut veneer, and I'm very happy with the
results. There are a few pics, dash not back in the car yet, at
http://www.triumphowners.com/776.  Note the pic of the back of the glovebox
door finished with the front of the dash unfinished.

I did many many applications of the stripper and then, after cleanup, very
very lightly sanded. I plan to strip and finish my gearknob so they will
match too.

Sloane :)

But what I was wondering is if any one had any suggestions, tips, caveats,
etc.