Re: Redoing the dashboard

To: jvannorman@wowway.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Redoing the dashboard
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 18:03:49 -0500
John,

A little late in replying but its been a busy couple days.  On the
triumphowners web site below I have posted a few pics of the
Makore(African Cherry) veneer that I applied to my dash.  I like the
way it turned out.  I certainly can describe the process I went through
although I hesitate to give any caveats simply because I am not sure if
you would follow the same process as I did.

Extremely simplified, I stripped the veneer off until I had a solid
surface, repairing any weak spots along the way.  I glued the new
veneer on and used cement blocks to press the veneer flat while the
glue dried overnight.  Then I trimmed the holes in the veneer, painted
the sides and backside of the dash, then ready for poly.  Poly, sand,
poly, sand, etc until I was satisfied with the finish.  Is your routine
similar?

Aaron

Aaron Cropley
71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)