TR6 Clutch Recommendations - Comments on B&B

To: "Bruce Simms" <brucesimms2003@yahoo.ca>
Subject: TR6 Clutch Recommendations - Comments on B&B
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 11:46:14 -0800
        Bruce:

        "Blue Spot" refers to the color of paint that B&B applies to the
pressure plate during manufacture.

        The correct B&B clutch is the "Yellow Spot" which has a much
lighter pedal pressure. You can still find them, but B&B consolidated
their manufacturing process years ago, and reduced the number of
options. The Blue Spot with it's higher pedal pressure is now the only
version being made by B&B. As I recall, it is a clutch spec'ed for a
van, not a passenger car that weighs just 2,400 lbs.
        I don't know where the Luk option lies in all of this, but I
think if I could not get the B&B yellow spot or the original Laycock, I
would opt for the Luk in the hope that it would have a lighter pedal
than the Blue Spot B&B.

        Vance