Re: TR6 Clutch Recommendations - Comments on B&B

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Clutch Recommendations - Comments on B&B
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 15:02:36 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 19 Dec 2005, Navarrette, Vance wrote:

[stuff deleted]

>       I don't know where the Luk option lies in all of this, but I
> think if I could not get the B&B yellow spot or the original Laycock, I
> would opt for the Luk in the hope that it would have a lighter pedal
> than the Blue Spot B&B.

LUK purchased Laycock way back when, so the LUK is more or less the same
as the Laycock. I have one of these in my street car, it works pretty
good. Pedal pressure is no problem (for me). But then again, I've been
pushing that thing for thirty plus years, so I'm sort if used to it.

Regarding the "20 HP" comment - the full sound byte should be that a
lightened flywheel is better than 20 HP - IN THE LOWER GEARS. It makes no
difference in 3rd, 4th and O/D 4th. But you will def. accelerate better
with a lightened flywheel. This is basic physics.

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx