Re: Rear Camber

To: Bruce Simms <brucesimms2003@yahoo.ca>
Subject: Re: Rear Camber
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 10:55:42 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 20 Dec 2005, Bruce Simms wrote:

>   Interesting.
>

>   Help me here.  How can your alignment shop dial in rear camber
> unless you have either differently notched trailing arm brackets to
> play with or, you purchase and install a kit TRF sells (Goodparts made
> I believe) to give you adjustable rear camber.

There are 36 combinations of the 1, 2 and three-notch brackets. They give
you quite a log of camber change, around 11 degrees, if memory serves.

But if you have short springs, you can also get the camber to change by
adding or subtracting spring spacers.

>   The manual does not seem to provide procedures for rear camber adjustment.

It does not, but there are plenty of articles written on the subject both
by vendors and by individuals and a lot of those missives can be found on
the internet.

>   Thank you, Bruce Simms

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx