gauge seal and re-bushing kit questions

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: gauge seal and re-bushing kit questions
From: "John VanNorman" <jvannorman@wowway.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 21:46:11 -0500
First off, Happy Holidays to everyone.  I really want to take this time to say
thank you to everyone on this list.
Over the past year you guys have been so great - just an awesome resource to
have.

My father and I have been busy the last few days getting into some TR6
projects, which leads me to my two questions:

(1) We've got the dash off and all the gauges out and disassembled for
cleaning.  I've got a new set of square style O-
rings (the ones that rest between the gauges and the dash) ready to go.  But of
course the old interior seals/ O-rings
have seen betters days.  I'm going to try to use RTV (as was suggested by the
list) as a replacement.  So question
number 1  - do I need to let the RTV dry before replacing the glass and the
reattaching the chrome rings or should I
put it all back together wet?  Reading through the achieves it seems that
people have done both.

(2) I have a steering re-bushing kit from TRF.  Can someone give me detailed
instructions as to how to install
everything?

Thanks!

John V. (and for this week, Paul V.)