Volvo J type conversion

To: "'Triumph 6 Pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Volvo J type conversion
From: "John North" <jnorth@novagate.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 01:34:25 -0500
I am into a Volvo OD, and am a bit confused about the speedo.   I have
Nelson and Vance's articles, and Vance suggests various work-arounds for
modifying the Volvo gears to make the speedo correct for the TR6.   However,
it looks like I can buy the drive and driven gears from TRF for a 76 TR6 for
only about $25.   If I remove the gears from the Volvo unit and fit the TR6
ones, will that do the job?   I am at the stage of driving out the annulus
to get at the speedo drive gear, and I'm just not sure that I have this
figured right.   If I go further now, I will need a press to put this back
together and Christmas is over, so that won't be in my stocking.

John North