Re: windshield adventures

To: jimjcmo@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: windshield adventures
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 22:08:16 -0500
Jim,

While a tight fit, it is possible to do this at home with a friend,
quite a bit of patience and a bit of luck.  I know because I did it!
Having said that, I put in a used one last year and when I replaced it
with a new one this past fall I had it installed by the local glass
company.  They broke the old glass getting it out but not the new glass
putting it in.  And the installer worked alone.  On another note, I had
to pay only a $100 for the new windshield since my insurance company
paid for it under a glass coverage claim.  I was honest and told them
that the windshield was difficult to see through due to many very small
pits from many small rocks over many years.  The woman I spoke to
thought I should replace it and authorized the repair.  My insurance
company is State Farm and I have normal coverage.

Aaron

Aaron Cropley
71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)
http://www.triumphowners.com/108