Re: Boosting A Supercharger

To: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: Boosting A Supercharger
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 11:22:02 -0700
As usual Bob hit the nail right on the head. With 9lbs of boost my
approx compression is 12.49:1. Granted it is not sustained and that is
the beauty of the system. Check this out
http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/compression.htm
<http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/compression.htm>My smaller pulley was still
over 3" as well and made a nice change. Water or alcohol injection would
be a good insurance policy against detonation & pump in a few extra HP.
 From my experience & the reading I've done , under 10lbs is fairly safe
for a street motor and should be reliable under normal driving
conditions compared to a naturally aspirated engine. Beyond that, engine
management is the key. On a carburated wet systems you are limited in
controlling timing & fuel mixture. With real time engine management you
can control fuel,air,spark through out the entire event. Along with the
complexity & expense of the additional electronics comes a tougher
learning curve & a ton of fabrication.
In my eyes the real joy of the Moss & Sal's system is a shade tree
mechanic can bolt this on in a weekend, tune for a day or two & go blow
the doors off most anything in it's class. The additional HP & torque
are immediately available & seamless during acceleration. It's a basic
grass roots system that really works.

--
Mitch Seff
Oceanside  N.Y.