Re: [6pack] Early TR250 hood attach

To: James Franks <jimmble@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Early TR250 hood attach
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 13:57:15 -0700 (PDT)
Jim,

FYI, CD198L has the typical 250/6 door latches.  Pre
1968 TR250 has a different commission plate than the
'68 models.  They were still using the TR4/4A plates.

BTW, this is the 40th year of production of the 250.

If any of you cats out there with a 250 and an
interesting story...Please get them to me for the
6-PACK Newsletter

Cheers,

Todd Bermudez
6-PACK Editor
CD198L
CF25768UO

--- James Franks <jimmble@adelphia.net> wrote:

> Steve,
>
> I don't believe any TR250's were sold that way. I
> have owned two with
> earlier serial #'s than that, and they were both
> 'normal'. I'd sooner
> think that your car was re-bodied at some point in
> time. I've done that
> for people before to save a rusty or wrecked car,
> although I changed out
> the things you are talking about for TR250 bits.
>
> I'm curious, which door latches do you have?  TR6
> style, or TR4A?
>
> Jim Franks
>
> Stephen Lindquist wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have an early TR250 ( CD231L) that has
> lift-the-dot fasteners to attach
> > the hood ( top)  to the car.  I also have some
> other unique TR4a features on
> > the car ( no hole in the front valence and a
> engine crank slot cut into the
> > front grille) that lead me to believe that  my car
> was made out of left-over
> > TR4a parts.
> >
> > If any other TR250 owner  has this feature then
> I'd be curious to know what
> > serial number this applies to.  There's a new
> convertible top in my future
> > and I am trying to decide what hardware to use.
> Of course, both the top and
> > the top cover have the corresponding lift-the-dot
> female thingies.  The top
> > is not original but the cover could be.

Got a little couch potato?