Re: [6pack] Mirror Question

To: gkester@ucsd.edu (Grant Kester)
Subject: Re: [6pack] Mirror Question
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 12:33:24 -0700
Grant---This complaint shows up every now and then. Here's a couple of
suggestions:
 Find a passenger side mirror from one of the later model cars. These
should have one of those "objects may be closer than...." markings on
it. Take it to a mirror/glass shop and have it circle cut to fit the
(bullet?) mirror that you want to match the other side.
You may have to change the mounting location to get a decent viewing
from the driver's seat.
These mirrors have a wide range of adjustment when loosening the long
screw.

Or stick on one of those convex mirrors over the original mirror. These
are available at most auto parts stores.  It should give you good range
without having to reposition the mirror mount.

Dick

From:
gkester@ucsd.edu(Grant Kester)

Dear List,
I've got the bullet-style side mirrors on my '69 TR6. I've never been
able to see/use the one on the passenger side because it's impossible to
position/turn the mirror far enough (inside the bullet sleeve) to
actually see it from the driver's seat. Is this a problem for other
folks? I was thinking of switching to one of the Lucas style non- bullet
mirrors that Moss and others sell, but I don't know if they are any more
adjust-able. Do these swivel in all directions? Do they have a wider
range of adjustments than the bullet mirrors? Also, if I switch over am
I going to be left with exposed mounting holes from the long base of my
bullet mirrors? I removed the passenger side bullet mirror (and managed
to break the mirror itself by dropping it!) so I'm mirror-less for now.
Thanks for any guidance!
Best,
Grant Kester