[6pack] Dipstick tube height?

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Dipstick tube height?
From: "Nick Gemas" <gln@worldpath.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 14:49:59 -0400
You guys are not going to believe this one. I have a new engine, I assembled
it myself, and has only 50 miles on it. When at the install point of the new
motor a friend helped me and one of his jobs was fluids ie. oil. Ok run in
goes fine, change oil and filter, take the car home. One day I check the oil
and it reads 1 qt. low. so I add a quart and start to become annoyed at my
friend for not being more careful on the level since there's no way I could
have burned a qt. in 50 miles of driving. Ok so I add a qt. take off and
notice it's blowing oil out one side of the exhaust cyl. 3-6. Now I'm in a
panic. I spend the next week, car parked not being driven racking my brain,
what did I screw up. Must be a oil ring I messed up, damn, tear down time.
Then I'm thinking, I can't imagine my friend screwing up the oil level, it
started after I added a qt. and it acts likes it's overfull. So I put a rag
over the tube that holds the dipstick a block of wood and tap. Check it and it
reads 1/2 qt. overfull! So the question I have is can one of you guys take a
minute and measure the distance from the block to the top of the tube. I think
my tube still needs to go down more but I don't want to force it.
Thanks Nick