[6pack] TR6 fuel tank - prices, repairs

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] TR6 fuel tank - prices, repairs
From: "Lee Daniels" <lee@automate-it.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 22:47:44 -0500 (CDT)
My recently acquired TR6 has had the gas tank "repaired", and after a couple
of days I discovered that the repair is NOT compatible with gasohol!  Big
puddle, gas dripping out at an alarming rate.

Drained the tank, pulled it, and dug out the "old" tank that I've had for
years that's in very good shape. Cleaned it up, brushed off a few rust spots
and painted it. But I got to thinking about what a new one might cost. Wow.

Looks like TRF has one for $600. Moss show N/A, and Vic.Brit. has an obviously
non-original (at least it looks that way in the drawing) one for $300. Anyone
seen this one? At the prices, I'm unlikely to go for either of these, but I'm
just curious whether anyone has tried one of them.

 - Lee