RE: [6pack] more on fan belt clearance

To: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Subject: RE: [6pack] more on fan belt clearance
From: "Loriot, George" <George_Loriot@brown.edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 13:36:45 -0400
Hi Listers,

Success!  Various listers gave advice to get the blasted engine up enough to
replace the mounts, so now  the new TRF mounts are installed and the new fan
belt is in place (hard to believe this whole escapade was to change a fan
belt....).   I had to jack up the frame a bit to get the tubluar crossemember
in place, but all is good and the car is back on the road at last.  And it
looks like the new motor counts fixed an occasional clutch chatter.  One of
those mounts was in bad shape......

Thanks to everyone for the advice and encouragement. The Other Woman (as my
wife calls it) is now zooming around back roads in VT once again.

george loriot