RE: [6pack] Horn and Steering column

To: Grant Kester <gkester@ucsd.edu>, "6pack@autox.team.net"
Subject: RE: [6pack] Horn and Steering column
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 17:37:21 +0000
The horn configuration is different depending on the year (relay, no relay
etc) but all schemes are based on the horn button grounding a connection so
there is a possibility that this connection is finding ground intermittently
for some reason. If you remove the horn button and the short connecting piece
that connects the button to the horn ring in the steering boss do the horns
still trigger when you jiggle things ?. If so that will eliminate the horn
button mechanism and you can work your way back to the horn (or relay) and
disconnect the ground circuit until it stops working when you jiggle.

Stan