RE: [6pack] clutch master rebuild

To: "'Wallace, Tim'" <twallace@onealinc.com>
Subject: RE: [6pack] clutch master rebuild
From: "Walt" <waltp58@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 15:03:34 -0400
Tim

I had this problem in the past and traced it to worn out flex hoses. When I
replaced the hoses, the brakes bled quickly and easily. The mighty vac
exacerbates the problem because if the hoses are old, the tend to collapse
internally under vacuum.

Walt

I have had trouble bleeding out the rear brake lines however and still
suffer from a low brake pedal.  It stops about an inch from the floor
board making me think there is still some air in the system.  Anyone
else have a similar experience?  I've bench bled the MC before
installing it, so I don't think there is air in there.  The Mity vac
doesn't want to pull when the line is connected to the MC, so I beld
this out with the line off and connected to a bottle of brake fluid.
Pump bleeding pushes very little fluid through.  I'm kind of stumped at
this point.  Is the brake pedal supposed to be that low?

Tim