[6pack] More Horn Problems

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] More Horn Problems
From: "John Cohen" <jmcoh@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 09:06:56 -0400
I was also having intermittent horn issues with the horn beeping on
acceleration from a stop. After taking everything apart, I found a faulty
horn relay to be the culprit.  The old Lucas relay had 5 terminals and the
new Lucas part has only 4.  On the old relay is a wire to C4 and a sticker
on the old relay says IMPORTANT: IGN COIL TO C4.  Both the Masters book and
Bentley make no mention of this wire.  I have it capped temporarily and the
horn works and the car runs great.  Anyone know the purpose of this wire and
can I live without it?

John Cohen

Rutland, VT

76 TR6