[6pack] Left rear brake light problem

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Left rear brake light problem
From: Greg Perry <rgperry@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 08:28:36 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Hello List,

I have a right rear brake tail light problem that only occurs when the
cornering lights or head light switch is turned on.  The right rear brake light
only works when the head light switch is off.  When I tested the voltage on the
brake light wire when disconnected from the socket, the voltage is present when
the brake pedal is pressed while the headlight switch is on and off.  The
socket checks out OK with the ohm meter.  The bulb contacts are clean.  I tried
a secondary direct ground to the battery for the tail light assembly without
success.  There seems to be another path of least resistance when the headlight
switch is on.  Any thoughts or been there and done that? The TR6 has passed
inspection before with this problem because the inspector tested the brakes
with the head light switch off.  Then turned on the headlight switch to check
the other lights.
Greg Perry