Re: [6pack] Redline question

To: im_sloane@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [6pack] Redline question
From: Vsnively@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 09:54:11 EDT
In a message dated 7/16/2007 9:48:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
im_sloane@hotmail.com writes:

Vic,
I never had tubes on the 4 Redlines on the ground, but I did  seem to have to
keep a watch on the preasure. I did finally get a tube to  put in the redline
in the trunk, which kept it from going flat. I'm not  sure if it's the tire
rubber or the wheel that seemed to cause the slow  leak. It wasn't that bad,
but I had not checked the spare until I found it  to be flat. Otherwise I had
no problem running tubeless.

Sloane  :)
TR-69

-Can Michelin X Redlines be mounted on the TR6   tubeless
>steel wheels without inner tubes ? Is the script on the tires  aimed at
>wire-wheel applications only ? A Corvette owner claims he has  these mounted
>on  cast
>wheels without tubes, and I thought  I remembered some threads regarding
>6-Packers running Redlines w/o  tubes.
>  I want to maintain  originality.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Regards,
>Vic  Snively
>'75 TR6   w/AC
>

>************************************** Get  a sneak peak of the all-new AOL
>at
>http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour
>
>Your  messages not reaching the list?
>Check out  http://www.team.net/posting.html
>
>===  Help keep Team.Net  on the air
>===      http://www.team.net/donate.html

>try
>===   http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool
>===  Other lists available  at
>===       http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo
>===  Archives at  http://www.team.net/archive
>===   http://www.team.net/the-local
>===  Edit your  replies!

_http://newlivehotmail.com_ (http://newlivehotmail.com)

Jim,

   Thanks for the response. I thought I had remembered some  listers running
w/o tubes. I have the same inflation / leak issue with the tubes  installed,
so it must be the tires. I have a late model Sportster Custom with a  solid
rear wheel (no leaks) and a tubed spoker in the front which I have to keep  an
eye on as well. I think I'll just start shopping for a decent set of slightly
used, or new, Redlines and install them w/o tubes. I'm getting tired of flats
(3  this season so far), but it goes in spurts. The last one was 5 years ago.

Thanks again.
Regards,
Vic Snively
'75 TR6  w/AC