[6pack] do I need an oil cooler?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] do I need an oil cooler?
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 14:17:12 -0400
I've done a lot of long distance >90 degree driving in the TR6 this summer, and
have noticed a decrease in oil pressure.  My engine has 25,000 miles on it.
I'm running 15W/50 synthetic oil with a spin on filter and no external feed to
the head.  At start up, the oil pressure is 95lbs at idle.  Once warmed up, the
pressure at 3000 rpms is 70lbs, at idle about 50lbs.  Once really warmed up,
usually after about 20 miles of hot driving the oil pressure at 3000 rpms drops
to about 60 lbs, but at idle the pressure is only about 25lbs!  The car burns
no oil and runs strong.  Do I need an oil cooler?
Joe Davis