[6pack] Re: Cable Lube

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, forzion@maine.rr.com
Subject: [6pack] Re: Cable Lube
From: "John VanNorman" <jsvannorman@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 14:38:08 -0400
Dave,

This is the stuff John Horton's talking about:
http://www.protectall.com/cable_life.htm

It is really neat. Its a small metal/rubber bracket that you slide
onto the end of the cable and then tighten down.  There is a small
hole in the bracket that lets you spray lubricate into the inside of
the cable (you use one of those thin red spray can strays).

What is really nice is that if you have enough room, you an lubricate
a cable without taking it off.  I was able to lubricate my choke
cables using it and all I had to do was pop off the little brackets
that hold the cable to the carb body (which is a lot nicer than having
to unscrew ends from the carbs).

Like John said, you can get the stuff at motorcycle shops and also
R.V. stores.  I think they sell two types - one with just the bracket
and one with the bracket and lubricate together.

The problem with graphite (besides being messy) is that you have to
take the cable apart to truly lubricate all of the cable.

John V.
1974 1/2 TR6