Re: Re: [6pack] The Grand Unification Theory

To: Pimento73@aol.com, stan.foster@hp.com
Subject: Re: Re: [6pack] The Grand Unification Theory
From: Corey Sherman <cm.sherman@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 20:26:33 -0500 (CDT)
I'm slightly reluctant to debate 'my opinion' nor defend it, but I wasn't
questioning Vern's resignation (albeit timely), as much as the premise and
motive behind his merger proposal, as well as his indirect approach.

Why publish a note in his newsletter hoping that someone reads it rather than
contact the 6-pack officers directly (something from Douglas Adam's
Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy... 'didn't you see the memo of earth's
destruction posted on the third moon of Saturn?'). I suspect the reason Vern
published the letter was because most of the clubs he's contacted graciously
turned his offer down. I have personal knowledge and encounters in which I will
not elaborate in this forum, but can attest to garish behavior unbecoming of
the VTR organization.

But perhaps the most salient point is that freedom of choice and one's party
affiliation is every American's given right. Competition and alternative
options drives innovation, diversity, individuality, as well as personal
choice...

What if there was only one...

American Express... no Mastercard, Visa and Discover
Only Pepsi... no Coke, RC or Dr Pepper
Exxon gas, but no Shell, Gulf, Hess or Getty
Castrol, but no Quaker State, Valoline or Pennzoil
Moss... no Vic Brit, TRF or Rimmer

And while these are CPGs, I figured it would be politically correct not to
suggest unified government party or church...

Corey