RE: [6pack] The Grand Unification Theory

To: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>, 6pack
Subject: RE: [6pack] The Grand Unification Theory
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 01:46:36 +0000
I thought the TR Register in the UK had a membership  (it is an international
club) of around 5000 but I don't know that for a fact. With membership fees of
around $80 a year that would be around $400k from subscriptions plus any other
income like paid ad's in the magazine etc. The magazine publishing probably
accounts for the bulk of the expenses but there should be enough income to pay
for a small staff assuming they are not all full time highly remunerated
individuals.. Like most clubs the TR Register relies on the many volunteers
that make it work. I think the annual convention (Usually in Malvern) attracts
1000 cars and 2000 people if that is a useful metric. This year the local
river flooded and devastated the area closing many roads. 200 cars still made
it onto the field.

I don't have any info about the membership waxing or waning, there are a few
of the movers and shakers that tune into the 6pack mail so maybe one of them
could comment and help us with some facts about how the club functions, how
the TR Drivers club came to be and what the general state of the hobby is in
Europe.

Stan