Re: [6pack] The Grand Unification Theory

To: stan.foster@hp.com
Subject: Re: [6pack] The Grand Unification Theory
From: Pimento73@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 00:32:15 EDT
In a message dated 7/23/2007 1:30:23 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
stan.foster@hp.com writes:

In the  latest issue of the 6Pack publication Corey Sherman likens the
idea to the  rise and fall of the British car industry in the 50's and later
(BMC et  al). And yes I agree that it was odd that Vern brought this up and
shortly  after resigned his position.

I'll have more to say about Corey's comments (which are mostly based on
false assumptions and/or bad information where they concern VTR) later - but
right now I can clear this up for you concerning Vernon Brannon  - I  spoke
with
him Sunday evening - Vernon was presented with an unexpected  business
opportunity which he is pursuing  with great vigor - it has him  away from home
Monday
thru Friday and working 12 to 14 hour days and forced  him to miss the VTR
convention for the first time in many years - Vernon  had already decided not
run for another term as VTR President and Blake  Discher had already
expressed an interest in doing so.
To sum it up, Vernon resigned because new business interests consumed too
much of his time for him to do justice to the job of VTR President and he knew
that a more than capable replacement was available - it had nothing to do with
 anything that is or isn't happening with VTR.

Cheers,
Jack McGahey