RE: [6pack] autopower roll bar question

To: marty sukey <trmarty@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: [6pack] autopower roll bar question
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 08:00:20 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

I didn't know a car rolled... interesting.

FWIW, the reason I have a cage now is that at Toledo in 2004 I put the car
up on two on a right-hand sweeper. The surface was so grippy that when you
transitioned from the grain going one way to the other, the car stopped
sliding altogether and hooked up BIG TIME. I got at least 30 degrees of
body roll (both passenger tires were at least 12 inches off the ground.

When the incident repeated at the 2005 nationals, the bolt-in was out and
the weld in CAGE was in.

Of course the car never sees the street, so that takes care of that.

But a Mini rolling at a solo event where the speeds can get "up there"
isn't that surprising. I have lots of pix of those things three wheeling
and two wheeling.

Also remember - we're talking R tires and driving at the limit. Sometimes
you find the limit.

Yikes!

rml
Consultant            MIT IS&T unix-linux-help |
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489