Re: [6pack] Differential Leak

To: "6 Pack list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Differential Leak
From: aldwyn@sylvancircle.org
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 14:06:37 -0400 (EDT)
If I may pile on this thread, I have had a diff leak at the union of the
diff and the drive shaft since December.  It was leaving quarter sized
dots on the cardboard under my car about once a week.  Now it's saucer
sized drops.

I am debating now on having a shop rebuild the diff, or if I should try it
myself.  Keeping in mind, I am very much a novice...

Does anyone know the difficulty factor in rebuilding a diff?  Or even
dropping it myself so I can take it in to be rebuild by someone?

Thanks!
       Aldwyn