Re: [6pack] Differential Leak

To: aldwyn@sylvancircle.org
Subject: Re: [6pack] Differential Leak
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 12:44:41 -0700
 Aldwyn---Take a look at the proceedure regarding working on the
differential, as written in the Bentley, Haynes, or other repair manual.
If it looks like it's more an you want to deal with, first find a shop
that will rebuild it. Or purchase a rebuilt one from one of the TR parts
Hou$e$.  To save some money, you can remove the unit yourself. (It's a
heavy lump. so having a floor jack under it will help to hold and lower
it)

We are all novices the first time we attempt major repairs!  You'll get
help along the way from this list, should you need it.

Dick

aldwyn@sylvancircle.org

If I may pile on this thread, I have had a diff leak at the union of the
diff and the drive shaft since December. It was leaving quarter sized
dots on the cardboard under my car about once a week. Now it's saucer
sized drops.
I am debating now on having a shop rebuild the diff, or if I should try
it myself. Keeping in mind,

I am very much a novice...

Does anyone know the difficulty factor in rebuilding a diff? Or even
dropping it myself so I can take it in to be rebuild by someone?
Thanks!
       Aldwyn