Re: [6pack] Running On Feature with TR6

To: N197TR4@cs.com
Subject: Re: [6pack] Running On Feature with TR6
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 23:05:51 -0700
Joe---I haven't found any sure-fire solutions to the run-on, other than
makng sure the anti run-on valve is operating as designed. See if John
has or can get a copy of Dan Masters Electrical Handbook for the TR. It
will show (several pages) how it works and how  get it to work if it
doesn't.

Short of that, tell John to try idling the engine down as slow as it
will tolerate.

Dick
Hot in L.A. now, too!

From:
N197TR4@cs.com

I am asking on behalf of an Arizona guy.
He has an A.R.E. Heat Shield on his car in hopes it would cure a running
on condition. Didnt work.
Can anyone help Mr. Truttman?     jtruttman@cox.net (John Truttman)
Thanks...Joe Alexander       text below.
Hi Joe,
I finally got this heatshield installed! So far, I have not noticed any
difference in the drivability of the car, or how it runs. I've been
getting "run on", and hoped this would help it. But it didn't. Do you
know of anything I can try to eliminate the run on? I know that the car
has an anti-run on device below the carbon cannister. But I don't know
how it works, and thus I don't know how to test it to make sure it is
working correctly.
Regards, John