Re: [6pack] Evil Devil Clutch

To: Jsut4fun@aol.com
Subject: Re: [6pack] Evil Devil Clutch
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 23:18:16 -0700
Ken---What you describe is a strong symptom of air in the system. Either
in the line down to the Slave Cylinder, or in the SC itself. This air
must be bled out thru the bleed nipple on TOP of the SC.

Write back if you can't get all of the air out, for a longer version on
the how-to.

It's common to be able to shift gears with the engine not running, even
with only partial clutch disengagement.

Dick

Ken wrote:

I recently installed a Victoria British clutch master cylinder repair
kit. I have bled the lines and everything seems fine.

If I'm just sitting with the engine off I have a solid clutch pedal and
the gears shift easily.

However, once I begin to drive the car I get an occasional soft pedal
and the gears will not shift. At times it is as if there is no clutch at
all and the pedal will go to the floor. If I give it a pump or two I'm
suddenly back in business with everything working for a shift or two. I
have noticed that if I keep a very slight pressure on the clutch pedal
while driving, (reasonably uncomfortable with a TR6 clutch), everything
works fine.
Can anyone help me exorcise the gremlins? Thanks,
Ken
CF55382